Business Enhancement & Retention Committee
Every 3rd Wednesday at 8:30 am
Business Enhancement & Retention Mission:
To add value and align resources which enhance and strengthen our existing business community.
Provide information and resources to assist, educate and engage existing businesses.
Business Enhancement & Retention Commitments:
- Provide the business community with Business Educational and Informational Sessions with networking opportunities – Lunch n’ Learn series
- Maintain ongoing open communication and interaction with the community for use in understanding changes and/or trends affecting the local business economy.
- Collaboration with the City of Cloquet and Carlton County Economic Development to plan, coordinate and execute a business retention initiative visiting with chamber members and non-members to learn more about their business and the trends affecting our local economy.
- Promote what is currently available via chamber membership, encourage members to become or remain active and advocate for new business people to join the Chamber.
- Host, plan and facilitate the Business Leadership Training Program every other year.
- Review and revise the base curriculum enhancing the foundation of the program to increase the value and demand.
- Assist with marketing to ensure there are 24 attendees.
- Actively participate in the program; facilitate, host, observe & host – Graduation & Alumni Luncheon
- Strive to keep leadership alumni engaged – Leadership Graduation Luncheon or ½ day Alumni Seminar
- Market the Chamber Bucks Program to chamber members and the community to increase local shopping- Shop Our Members
- Continue strong participation and leadership in the Cloquet Economic Development Partnership Group.
- Continue to support and attend the Cloquet Economic Development Authority meetings.
Business Enhancement Committee Members:
Dave Cook – NE MN Office of Job Training
Holly Hansen- City of Cloquet
Jeff Schaefer – Wipfli
Jeannie Kermeen – Empower You Coaching & Training